In the 2014-15 season Jim Harte joined the West Florida Flames. Harte is coming off 6 years as Academy Director at Tampa Bay United (TBU).
As one of our professional trainers Jim will be available to work with all teams within the club; instead of being attached to a specific team, he will be at our coaches disposal to address any specific training needs they may have. As a training asset Jim will help our coaches and players find success on the field.
Jim has over 35 years coaching and teaching experience. Prior to joining TBU in 2008 Jim served as Director of Coaching for Oldsmar SC, Seminole USA, and Northeast Raiders. He held leadership roles in several other local clubs.
Jim has a 32-year high school coaching career. He holds several FHSAA coaching records including most state championships and best coaching record in Final Four games. Jim currently serves as Head Boys Soccer Coach for Carrollwood Day School.
Jim was on the FYSA ODP State Coaching staff for many years including serving as state team head coach as well as instructor for state F, E, and D License courses. Jim also served as Assistant Coach at Eckerd College for four years (1985-88).
Numerous young people have been helped into college, pro, and international playing careers by Harte. He has also mentored many players that now have established coaching and teaching careers.
Jim has held a Florida teaching certificate for over 30 years. He has taught in both public and private schools. Physical Education programs created by Harte have won three national character-development awards and Jim was featured as a guest speaker at the National Character Forum in San Francisco in 2010. Jim has won several “Teacher of the Year” and “Coach of the Year” awards.
Jim is Founder and President of Marauder Soccer Camp, Inc – founded in 1981. He is a member of the Clearwater Central Catholic High School Hall of Fame.
Jim earned a BS in Physical Education in 1980 from Quincy University in Quincy, IL. Over the years he has obtained numerous coaching licenses including USSF A and NSCAA Advanced National Diploma as well as a KNVB coaching certificate obtained in Holland. Further training includes the FranklinCovey Seven Habits signature training as well as FranklinCovey “Leader in Me” educational development training. This combination of soccer, education, and character training and experience makes Jim unique.
Jim’s personal coaching and teaching philosophy is to develop the whole individual with a special emphasis on sound fundamentals and a principled foundation.
- B.S. in Physical Education – Quincy University 1980
- USSF A License – Tampa 1989
- NSCAA Advanced National Diploma – Cocoa 1986
- USSF B License – Tampa 1983
- USSF C License – Orlando 1982
- FYSA D License – St. Petersburg 1981
- KNVB Dutch Coaching School – Maastricht, Netherlands 1999
- Florida Certified Teacher: Physical Education K-8 – 32 years
- Character Education Partnership 11 Principles of a School of Character Training
- Franklin Covey Seven Habits of Highly Effective People Signature Training
- Franklin Covey The Leader In Me Training
- 32 Years High School Varsity Soccer (started in 1979): Coached at St. Petersburg Catholic, Dixie Hollins, Clearwater Central Catholic, and Carrollwood Day School
- 36 years Youth Soccer – all levels and ages, boys and girls
- 16 years in Youth Soccer Club Leadership Roles (Seminole USA, Northeast Raiders, Oldsmar SC, Hillsborough United SC, Tampa Bay United SC)
- FYSA State Coaching Staff – 1984 to 1997
- FYSA ODP State Head Coach for U14 and U15 Boys – 1989-92
- Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach: Eckerd College – 1985-88
- Nominated for Wal-Mart Teacher of the Year, Tampa 1997
- 2004-05 Pinellas County Schools Teacher of the Year Semi-Finalist in the area of Creativity and Innovation
- Teacher of the Year – Cypress Woods Elementary School, Palm Harbor 2009
- National Promising Practices Award: “The Clipboard and the List” – The Character Education Partnership 2009
- National Promising Practices Award: “The Student-Led 10-Minute Talk” – The Character Education Partnership 2010
- National Promising Practices Award: “The Alliance” – The Character Education Partnership 2011
- Speaker: 2010 Character Education Partnership National Forum – San Francisco, CA
- Twice nominated to Florida High School Activities Association (FHSAA) Hall of Fame
- Member of the Clearwater Central Catholic High School Hall of Fame
Coach of the Year:
- 1989 – Clearwater Sun, St. Pete Times, Tampa Tribune
- 1996 – Tampa Tribune
- 2007 – St Pete Times
- 808 games coached at Varsity High School level
- 493-227-88 win-loss-tie record at Varsity HS level
- Six High School State Championships – most in Florida Boy’s High School Soccer, Top 20 in USA
- 15-5 record in Final Four games – state record
- National High School Rankings: 1990 – #3; 1991 – #1 (National Champions); 1993 – Top 20; 1997 – #6; 2002 – Top 10
- U18 FYSA Boy’s State Champion – 1982
- U13 FYSA Boy’s State Champion and Fair Play Award Winner – 1997
- U14 FYSA Girl’s State Champion – 2000
- U18 FYSA Girl’s President’s Cup Champion – 2005
- Helped develop numerous players for college, professional, and international ranks