Lil’ Rascals & Rascals (Pinellas)
Littlest Rascals (2 1/2 -3 1/2)
New this Summer we have a separate session for players 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 year of age, this is our ‘starter class’ this will let you know if you little ones are ready to take the plunge and embark on a career to become a future ‘soccer star’
Lil’Rascals (age 3 1/2 -4 1/2)
For those little players not quite ready or old enough for our traditional Rascal (U5) program, we have introduced our Lil’ Rascal Soccer Academy. Here, our little players ( 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 years of age) will slowly be introduced to the soccer skills necessary to feel comfortable with the ball at their feet. Run by our Recreational Director of Coaching, we have multiple seasons throughout the year
- The focus will be on ‘Fun’
- activities will be soccer related, with a heavy emphasis on ‘Dribbling’
- We want our players to be comfortable with the ball at their feet, then they will have the confidence to be creative players.
- We want little Messi’s, little entertainers, that have a thirst for the ball and a love for this, the ‘Beautiful’ game.
The sessions will run for around 35 minutes, our last session we will look to see how they do in a small sided game, this will allow you to see if your child is ready for traditional game play. Gameplay will illustrate the ability of the players to grasp game concepts and gauge their development as they become more aware of the intricacies of the game. This is most definitely the ‘Me’ age group; the players want the ball to themselves and have no real concept of team play and the real game of 11v11 soccer. By participating in this program they will attain the basic skills to be comfortable on the soccer field. Those players that show an ability to remain focused and grasp the game concepts can participate in traditional game play.
Rascals (age 4 1/2 -5 1/2)
Following the overwhelming success of our Lil’ Rascal (3 year olds) program, we proudly introduce a new revamped Rascal (4 year old program) This program will lead on from our Lil’ Rascal program and will introduce more challenging soccer activities along with small sided games to prepare our young ones for our traditional Kicker (U6) soccer program.
Which Program is right for my child?
- Littlest Rascals (ages 2 1/2-3 1/2)
- Lil’ Rascals (age 3 1/2 -4 1/2) is for beginners, consists of basic soccer related activities to introduce basic dribbling skills to the players. Lots of repetition to get them comfortable moving with the ball. Each session runs 35-45 minutes and has frequent water breaks. Parents are free to stay with their child as they get used to the activities.
- Rascals (age 4 1/2 – 5 1/2) is for intermediate players, consists of a group warm up with the ball that includes some activities that they have grown accustomed to from Lil’ rascals. The group will then be split up into teams for small sided games. This program will run out of one location unless numbers dictate otherwise. Each session runs 45-55 minutes
- Kickers (U6) is for those that are ready for traditional soccer game play. Players are assigned a coach that they will practice with once during the week, and then they will play a game Saturday morning at their local field.
As all children develop differently we look to you as parents to decide which program will best suit the needs of your child, we allow players to play up or down at U4 and U5, we have had players as young as 2 ½ participate in Lil’ Rascals we have also had players as old as 5, that still feel more comfortable doing activities as opposed to games. Rascals give you the opportunity to experience game play in a controlled environment with me, it also ensures more time working individually with the ball. Kickers(U6) usually is dominated by a handful of dominant players. Some younger, less confident and less experienced players are sometimes overwhelmed in this environment and would benefit more by another season with the Rascals(U5) Feel free to experiment, if you feel it is a bad fit they can just drop back to the level below until they have developed more confidence and skills with the ball.
“treat the ball well” (tartar la pelota bien)
questions contact: Jim Harte – email@example.com
players can play up or down a year, dependent on development
Same Registration for Lil’ Rascals and Rascals
Pinellas Area (East Lake & Palm Harbor) Littlest Rascals (2 1/2-3 1/2) Lil’ Rascals (3 1/2-4 1/2 years old) is for beginners, consists of basic soccer related activities to introduce basic dribbling skills to the players. Lots of repetition to get them comfortable moving with the ball. Pinellas Rascals (4 1/2 -5 1/2 year olds)is for intermediate players, consists of a group warm up with the ball the group will then be split up into teams for small sided games. $50 (includes T-Shirt) for questions contact: Jim Harte – firstname.lastname@example.org Same registration for Littlest Rascals, Lil’ Rascals and Rascals
Fall Soccer season is for more experienced 4 1/2 to 5 year old’s
FYI Fall recreation season starts November 5 at East Lake and Palm Harbor, this would be appropriate for players that have participated in a basic soccer activities program and are now ready to play on a team, here is the link to information page http://fcflames.com/recreational-soccer/pinellas-recreational-soccer/fall-soccer-pinellas/
Here is link to register for fall recreation(4 and 5 year old’s all play U6 together) https://www.gotsport.com/asp/application/easyreg/?ProgramID=51512
Upcoming Littlest Rascals/Lil’ Rascals/ Rascals Dates
Tentative times, final schedule will be adjusted if necessary to support number of players registered
Fridays. 6:00pm 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 year old’s, 6:45pm 3 1/2 – 4 1/2 year old’s
Please note, our Fall season starts in November, this is an opportunity for 4 year olds and up to play on teams if ready for the challenge.